Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

Schedule

page 119

Schedule.

One piece Bounded towards the North by the Okeriteke Creek; towards the North-east by the said creek and the Ngapuku Block, eleven thousand nine hundred and thirty Boundaries. [8,955 acres.] (11930) links, and by a line two hundred and thirteen (213) links; towards the South by the Pakanae No. 4 Block three thousand three hundred and ninety-five (3395) links, four hundred and four (404) links, five hundred and seventy-six (576) links, one thousand three hundred and eighty-four (1384) links, one thousand seven hundred and nine (1709) links, one thousand two hundred and ninety-three (1293) links, and one thousand five hundred and thirty (1530) links, and Te Puhata Creek; towards the West by the Ngaharoto Block four hundred and seventy (470) links, nine hundred and ten (910) links, six hundred and nineteen (619) links, and five hundred and eighty-six (586) links, the Hokianga River, and by lines two thousand four hundred and twelve (2412) links two thousand nine hundred and ninety-one (2991) links, and eight hundred and thirty-two (832) links. And the other piece bounded towards the North-east by the Pakanae No. 4 Block four thousand two hundred and seventy-five (4275) links, the Pakanae No. 4 Block and the Pakanae No. 5 Block five thousand six hundred and fifty-one (5651) links, the Pakanae No. 5 Block two hundred and forty (240) links, one thousand four hundred (1400) links, three hundred and sixty-seven (367) links, one thousand two hundred and sixty-nine (1269) links, five hundred and fifty-three (553) links, seven hundred and eighteen (718) links, four hundred and forty-six (446) links, one thousand two hundred and fifty-five (1255) links, three thousand five hundred and twenty-five (3525) links, and. one thousand and sixty-nine (1069) links, the Pakanae No. 5 Block and the Okopako Block two thousand six hundred and seventy-five (2675) links, the Okopako Block nine hundred and forty-six (946) links and six hundred and thirteen (613) links, and Pakanae No. 3 Block thirty-nine thousand eight hundred and fifty (39850) links; towards the South by the Waimamaku Block thirty-two thousand nine hundred and seventy-three (32973) links, four thousand six hundred and sixty (4660) links, and four thousand six hundred and twenty-eight (4628) links; towards the Southwest by the Waiwhatawhata Block one thousand eight hundred and twenty-eight (1828) links and five thousand six hundred and sixty-two (5662) links; and towards the West by lines one thousand and thirty-five (1035) links, three hundred (300) links, six thousand seven hundred and twenty-seven (6727) links, one thousand two hundred and two (1202) links, two thousand one hundred and thirty-nine (2139) links, four thousand four hundred and nine (4409) links, two thousand three hundred and sixty-nine (2369) links, three thousand and sixty-seven (3067) links, six hundred and eighty-two (682) links, six thousand six hundred and forty-four (6644) links, one thousand five hundred and eighty-six (1586) links, four thousand five hundred and thirty-four (4534) links, one thousand and thirteen (1013) links, one thousand four hundred and thirty-six (1436) links, one thousand five hundred and thirty-seven (1537) links, three thousand one hundred and ninety-two (3192) links, two thousand six hundred and six (2606) links, eight hundred and twenty-nine (829) links, and four thousand one hundred and seventeen (4117) links, and by the Te Puhata Creek: Excepting the Matariki Burial Reserve, bounded towards the South by the Pakanae No. 1 Block five hundred and forty-three (543) links, towards the West by the said block seven hundred and fifty-five (755) links, and on all other sides by a stream.
He pukapuka tuku rawa atu tenei na Hapakuku Moetara i tera whenua katoa tona Maori précis. ingoa ko Pakanae No. 1 Kia Wikitoria Kuini o Ingarangi ki ona uri ki nga Kingi ki nga Kuini i muri i a ia ake tonu atu Ko te utu mo taua whenua e rima rau e rima tekau ma iwa pauna tekau ma toru hereni e iwa kapa Ko te nui e waru mano e iwa rau e rima tekau ma rima eka Koni ake iti iho ranei. Ko nga rohe enei. Ki te Kotiu ko te Wai "Okereteki" "Ngapuku" "Pakanae No. 4" "Pakanae No. 5" "Okopako" "Pakanae No. 3" Ki te tonga ki "Waimamaku" ko "Waiwhatawhata." Ki te Hauauru ko "Hukanui" "Kokohuia" "Taumatawiwi" "Pakanae No. 2" ka tata ki te wai o te "Puhata" Ka haere tonu i te taha tika Tae noa ki te raina "Okereteki" he piihi kua oti te ruri. Ka haere i aua raina tae noa ki te timatanga.
I, Charles E. Nelson, an Interpreter duly appointed under "The Native Lands Act Interpreter's certificate. 1873," certify that the above is a clear statement in the Maori language of the contents of the within-written deed, which contents I properly explained to Hapakuku Moetara before the same was executed by him.

Charles E. Nelson.

I, Theodore Minet Haultain, the Trust Commissioner under "The Native LandsTrust Commissioner's certificate. Frauds Prevention Act, 1870," for the District of Auckland, do hereby certify that I have with, respect to the within-written instrument and the alienation thereby witnessed, made the inquiries directed by the said Act, and do certify that I am satisfied with the result of such inquiries.

T. M. Haultain,
Trust Commr.

Dated this 30th day of August, 1875.

759 c.

Received for Registration at 10 a.m., 1 Sep., 1875.Registration.

[l.s.]

M. Hamilton,
Dep. Registrar.

A True Copy of Original Deed, Maori Précis, Certificate, and Endorsement.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, March 3rd, 1876.