Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Deeds—No. 84.]

page 113

Deeds—No. 84.

Omahuta No.-2 Block, Hokianga District.

This Deed, made the Fourteenth day of June 1875, between Her Majesty Queen 1875. 14 June.Hokianga District. Victoria on the one part, and Hoera Tuhiparu, Rangatira Moetara, Tawio Pou, Hare Ngamanu, and Hone Mohi Tawhai of Hokiauga, Aboriginal Natives of the Colony of Omahuta No. II. New Zealand, (hereinafter called "the Vendors,") of the other part, witnesseth, that in consideration of the sum of Four hundred and fifty three pounds twelve shillings (£453 " 12 " 0) by Her Majesty paid to the Vendors on the execution hereof (and the Reciept for £453 . 12. receipt whereof is hereby acknowledged) the Vendors do, and each of them doth, hereby surrender, convey and assure unto Her said Majesty, all that block or parcel of land containing Six Thousand and forty eight acres or thereabouts, known or called Omahuta No. 2, as the same is more particularly described in the Schedule hereto, and delineated on the plan drawn on this Deed and coloured red; together with all rights and appurtenances thereto belonging or appertaining. To hold the said land and premises with the appurtenances unto Her said Majesty, Her Heirs and Successors, for ever. In Witness whereof the Vendors have hereunto set their hands the day and year first above written.

Hoera Tuhiparu his x mark.
Hare Ngamanu his x mark.
Rangatira Moetara his x mark.
Hone Mohi Tawhai.
Tawio Pou.

Signed by the said Hoera Tuhiparu, Rangatira Moetara, Tawio Pou, Hare Ngamanu, and Hone Mohi Tawhai after the contents had been explained to them by an Interpreter of the Court and they appeared clearly to understand the meaning of the same. In the presence of—
Henry A. H. Monro, Judge, Native Land Court.
W. Bridson, Clerk N. L. Court.

Schedule.

Boundaries. [6,048 acres.]All that block or parcel of land in the Province of Auckland, District of Hokianga, containing six thousand and forty-eight (6048) acres or thereabouts, called or known as Omahuta No. 2. Bounded—On the East by the Omahuta No. 1 Block sixteen thousand nine hundred and forty (16940) links, and by lines five thousand nine hundred and eighty-one (5981) links; seven hundred and seven (707) links, two thousand nine hundred and thirty-five (2935) links, thirteen thousand one hundred and ninety-four (13194) links, one thousand five hundred and fifty-two (1552) links, six hundred and ninety-three (693) links, and three thousand eight hundred and thirty-three (3833) links; towards the South by lines one thousand two hundred and ninety-six (1296) links, one thousand five hundred and seventy (1570) links, four thousand three hundred and twenty-nine (4329) links, eight hundred and twenty-three (823) links, one thousand one hundred (1100) links, and two thousand five hundred and eighty-eight (2588) links; towards the South-west by the Omahuta No. 3 Block seven thousand seven hundred and twenty (7720) links, and by lines four hundred (400) links, five hundred and ninety (590) links, and six hundred and seventy-five (675) links; and towards the North-west by lines three thousand six hundred and fifty (3650) links, two thousand six hundred and thirteen (2613) links, one thousand eight hundred and sixty-two (1862) links, seven hundred and seventy-six (776) links, five thousand six hundred and ninety-seven (5697) links, seven hundred and ninety (790) links, nine hundred and eighty-seven (987) links, four thousand four hundred and sixty-four (4464) links, twelve thousand nine hundred and ninety-two (12992) links, five hundred and twenty-eight (528) links, six hundred and fifty (650) links, eight hundred and fifty-one (851) links, four hundred and fifty-two (452) links, and one thousand seven hundred and ninety-nine (1799) links, and by a line and the Kauriputete Block one thousand one hundred and thirty-two (1132) links, and by the said Kauriputete Block four thousand three hundred and six (4306) links.
He pukapuka tuku rawa atu tenei na Hoera Tuhiparu, Rangatira Moetara, Tawio Maori précis. Pou, Hare Ngamanu, me Hone Mohi Tawhai, i tera whenua katoa tona ingoa ko Omahuta No. 2 kia Wikitoria Kuini o Ingarangi ki ona uri ki nga Kingi ki nga Kuini i muri i a ia ake tonu atu ko te utu mo tana whenua E wha rau e rima tekau ma toru pauna tekau ma rua hereni. Ko te nui E ono mano e wha tekau ma waru eka koni ake iti iho ranei. Ko nga rohe enei, ki te Kotiu ko Omahuta No. 1 ki te marangai he whenua Maori ki te tonga he whenua Maori me tetahi piihi ko Omahuta No. 3 ki te Hauauru he whenua Maori.
I, Charles E. Nelson, an Interpreter duly appointed under "The Native Lands Act, Interpreter's certificate. 1873;" certify that the above is a true and clear statement in the Maori language of the contents of the deed written on the first page of this sheet of parchment, which said deed I properly explained to Hoera Tuhipara, Rangatira Moetara, Tawio Pou, Hare Ngamanu, and Hone Mohi Tawhai before the same was executed by them.

Charles E. Nelson,
Interpreter under "Native Lands Act, 1873."

page 114 I, Theodore Minet Haultain, the Trust Commissioner under "The Native Lands Frauds Prevention Act, 1870," for the District of Auckland, do hereby certify that ITrust Commissioner's certificate. have, with respect to the within-written instrument and the alienation thereby witnessed, made inquiries directed by the said Act, and do certify that I am satisfied with the result of such inquiries.

T. M. Haultait,
Trust Commr.

Dated this 24th day of August, 1875.

743 c.

Registration. Received for Registration at 1 p.m. 24 Augt., 1875.

[l.s.]

M. Hamilton,
Registrar.

A True Copy of Original Deed, Maori Précis, Certificates, and Endorsement.

H. H. Turton.

Wellington, March 9th, 1876.