Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

Schedule

page 108

Schedule.

Boundaries. [4,454 acres.]Bounded—Towards the North by the Takanga Block one thousand eight hundred and five (1805) links, five thousand and four (5004) links, and six thousand two hundred and eighty (6280) links; towards the East by lines four thousand eight hundred and nine (4809) links, six hundred and thirty-three (633) links, two thousand three hundred and twenty (2320) links, two thousand two hundred and twenty-eight (2228) links, one thousand six hundred and twenty-two (1622) links, seven hundred and seventy-two (772) links, three hundred and seventy-nine (379) links, five thousand one hundred and fifty (5150) links, seven hundred and seventy-eight (778) links, one thousand three hundred and seventy-five (1375) links, and five thousand nine hundred and seventy-five (5975) links; and towards the West by the Moetangi Block two thousand nine hundred and fifty (2950) links, the Ototope Block two thousand five hundred and seventy (2570) links, nine hundred and ninety (990) links, two thousand six hundred and sixty-four (2664) links, one thousand and three (1003) links, and one thousand six hundred and twenty-six (1626) links, and the Kauae o Ruruwahine No. 2 Block seventeen thousand two hundred (17200) links.
Maori précis. He pukapuka tuku rawa atu tenei na Wikitera Reone, Peri Te Huhu, Reihana Paraone, Ngataierua, Remi Te Tai, Mika Hone Kingi, Tarapatiki, me Wi Tana Papahia, i tera whenua katoa tona ingoa ko Kauae-o-Ruruwahine No. 1 Kia Wikitoria Kuini o Ingarangi ki ona uri ki nga Kingi ki nga Kuini i muri i a ia ake tonu atu: Ko to utu mo taua whenua E rua rau e whitu tekau ma waru pauna e whitu hereni me te ono kapa ko te nui e wha mano e wha rau e rima tekau ma wha eka koni ake iti iho ranei. Ko nga rohe enei ki te Kotiu ko "Te Takanga" ki te marangai he whenua maori ki te tonga ko "Moetanga ko "Ototope" ki te hauauru ko Kauae o Ruruwahine No. 2.
Interpreter's certificate. I, Charles E. Nelson, an Interpreter duly appointed under "The Native Land Act, 1873," certify that the above is a clear statement in the Maori language of the contents of the within-written deed, which contents I properly explained to Wikitera Reone, Peri Te Huhu, Reihana Paraone, Ngataierua, Remi Te Tai, Mika Hone Kingi, Tarapatiki and Wi Tana Papahia before the same was executed by them.

Charles E. Nelson.

Trust Commissioner's certificate. I, Theodore Minet Haultain, the Trust Commissioner under "The Native Lands Frauds Prevention Act, 1870," for the District of Auckland, do hereby certify that I have, with respect to the within-written instrument and the alienation thereby witnessed, made the inquiries directed by the said Act, and do certify that I am satisfied with the result of such inquiries.

T. M. Haultain,
Trust Commr.

Dated this 30th day of August, 1875.

752 c.

Registration. Received for Registration at 10 a.m. 1 Sep., 1875.

[l.s.]

M. Hamilton,
Registrar.

A True Copy of Original Deed, Maori Précis, Certificates, and Endorsement.

H. H. Turton.

Wellington, March 3rd, 1876.