Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Deeds—No. 75.]

Deeds—No. 75.

Tokawhero No. 1 Block, Hokianga. District.

This Deed made the 28th day of April 1875 Between Her Majesty Queen Victoria on 1875. 28 April.Hokianga. District. the one part and Wi Te Hakiro, Hone te Awa, Te Tirarau Perepe, Pekana, Kahi te Tokawhero No. I. Hura, Heta te Haara of Ohaeawai aboriginal Natives of the Colony of New Zealand (hereinafter called the Vendors) of the other part Witnesseth that in consideration of the sum of one hundred fifty two pounds ten shillings (£152 . 10 . 0) by. Her Receipt for £152 . 10 . 0. Majesty paid to the Vendors on the execution hereof (and the receipt whereof is hereby acknowledged) the vendors do and each of them doth hereby surrender convey and assure unto Her said Majesty all that block or parcel of land containing two thousand and thirty three acres or thereabouts known or called Tokawhero No. 1 as the same is more particularly described in the Schedule hereto and delineated on the plan drawn on this Deed and colored red, together with all rights and appurtenances thereto, belonging or appertaining, To hold the said land and premises with the appurtenances unto Her said Majesty Her heirs and successors for ever. In Witness whereof the Vendors, have hereunto set their hands the day and year first above written.

Wite Hakiro his x mark.
Hone te Awa his x mark.
Te Tirarau Perepe.
Kahlte Hura his x mark.
Pekana.
Heta te Haara.

Signed by the said Wi te Hakiro, Hone te Awa, Te Tiraran Perepe, Pekana, Kahi te Hura, and Heta te Haara after the contents had been explained to them by an Interpreter of the Court and they appearing clearly to understand the meaning of the same. In the presence of
Spencer von Sturmer,
Resident Magistrate, Hokianga.
Charles E. Nelson,
Interpreter under Native Lands Act,-1873.

Schedule.

Bounded—Towards the North-east by lines seventeen thousand one hundred and ninety- Boundaries. [2,033 acres.] eight (17198) links and four hundred and ninety-five (495) links; towards the East by lines thirteen thousand six hundred and thirty-six (13636) links and one thousand eight hundred and twenty (1820) links; towards the South by the Nuku Tawhiti Block five thousand seven hundred and eighty-four (5784) links; and towards the West by the Tokawhero No. 2 Block eighteen thousand five hundred and twenty (18520) links, and a line one thousand two hundred (1200) links.
He pukapuka tuku rawa atu tenei na Wiremu te Hakiro, Hone to Awa, Te Tirarau Maori précis. Perepe, Pekana, Kahi te Hura, me Heta Te Haara, i tera whenua katoa tona ingoa ko Tokawhero No. 1 kia Wikitoria Kuini o Ingarangi ki ona uri ki nga Kingi ki nga Kuini i muri i a ia ake tonu atu. Ko te utu mo tenei whenua kotahi rau e rima tekau ma rua pauna tekau hereni (£152 . 10 . 0) ko te nui e rua mauo e toru tekau ma toru eka koni page 104ake iti iho ranei ko nga rohe enei ki te kotiutua Marangai he raina 17198 riniki 495 riniki ki te Marangai he raina 13636 riniki 1820 riniki ki te tonga ko Nukutawhiti he whenua kua oti te ruri 5784 riniki. Ki te Hauauru ko Tokawhero No. 2 18520 riniki me tetahi raina 1200 riniki.

Wiremu te Hakiro his x mark.
Hone te Awa his x mark.
Te Tirarau Perepe.
Pekana.
Kahi te Hura his x mark.
Heta te Haara.

Spencer von Sturmer,
Resident Magistrate, Hokianga.
Charles E. Nelson,
Interpreter under Native Lands Act, 1873.

Trust Commissioner's certificate. I, Theodore Minet Haultain, the Trust Commissioner under "The Native Lands Frauds Prevention Act, 1870," for the District of Auckland, do hereby certify that I have, with respect to the within-written Deed and the alienation thereby witnessed, made the inquiries directed by the said Act, and do certify that I am satisfied with the result of such inquiries.

T. M. Haultain,
Trust Commissioner.

Dated this 24th day of August, 1875.

744 c.

Registration. Received for Registration at 1 p.m. 24th August, 1875.

[l.s.]

M. Hamilton,
Dep. Registrar.

A True Copy of Original Deed, Maori précis, Certificate, and Endorsement.

H. H. Turton.

Wellington, March 10th, 1876.