Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Deeds—No. 74.]

Deeds—No. 74.

Ngapipito Block, Hokianga District.

1875. 28 April.Hokianga District.This Deed made the 28th day of April 1875 between Her Majesty Queen Victoria on Ngapipito. the one part and Ruatara, Hori Winiana, Hemi Timoko, Te Waiwhakarukuruku, and Hone Makoare Tuhi of Ohaeawai, Aboriginal Natives of the Colony of New Zealand (hereinafter called the Vendors) of the other part witnesseth that in consideration of Receipt for £67 . 2 . 6. the sum of sixty seven pounds two shillings and sixpence (£67 - 2 - 6) by Her Majesty paid to the Vendors on the execution hereof (and the receipt whereof is hereby acknowledged) the vendors do and each of them doth hereby surrender, convey and assure unto Her said Majesty all that block or parcel of land containing eight hundred and ninety five acres or thereabouts known or called Ngapipito as the same is more particularly described in the Schedule hereto and delineated on the plan drawn on this Deed and colored red, together with all rights and appurtenances thereto belonging or appertaining. To hold the said land and premises with the appurtenances unto Her said Majesty Her Heirs and successors for ever. In Witness whereof the Vendors have herennto set their hands the day and year first above written.

Ruatara.
Hori Winiana.
Hemi Timoko.
Te Waiwhakarukuruku
her x mark.
Hone Makoare Tuhi.

Signed by the said Ruatara Hori Winiana, Hemi Timoko Te Waiwhakarukuruku and Hone Makoare Tuhi after the contents had been. explained to them by an Interpreter of the Court and they appearing clearly to, understand the meaning of the same In the presence of—
Resident Magistrate, Hokianga.
Charles E. Nelson,
Interpreter under Native Lands Act, 1873.

Schedule.

Boundaries. [895 acres.]All that parcel of land in the Province of Auckland, containing by admeasurement eight hundred and ninety-five (895) acres more or less, being the block of land called or known as Ngapipito, and numbered three thousand one hundred and seventy-one (3171), situated in the District of Hokianga. Bounded—On the North-west by lines four hundred and fifty (450) links, one thousand four hundred and twenty-eight. (1428) links, five hundred and ninety-four (594) links, and three hundred and fifty-eight (358) links; towards the North by a line six hundred and four (604) links; towards the North-east by the Manohuruhuru Creek; towards the East by lines three hundred and ninety-three (393) links, five hundred and sixty-eight (568) links, and one thousand one hundred and forty (1140) links, the Ngapipito Creek, the Otaupea Stream, and by lines three hundred and eighteen (318) links, one hundred and twenty (120) links, and two hundred and sixty (260) links; towards the South by lines one thousand and forty (1040) links, five hundred and fifteen (515) links, and three hundred and seventy (370) links; and towards the West by a line one thousand one hundred and ninety-nine (1199) links, the Waikaru Creek, and by lines two thousand and forty-three (2043) links, nine hundred and thirty-one (931) links, and five thousand seven hundred and sixty-eight (5768) links.
Maori Précis. He pukapuka tuku rawa atu tenei na Ruatara, Hori Winiana, Hemi Timoko, Te Waiwhakarukuruku, Hone Makoare Tuhi i tera whenua katoa ko Ngapipito tona ingoa kia Wikitoria Kuini o Ingarangi ki ona uri ki nga Kingi ki nga Kuini i muri i a ia ake tonu atu. Ko te utu mo taua whenua e ono tekau ma whitu pauna 2/6 (£67 - 2 - 6) ko te nui e waru rau iwa tekau ma rima eka koni ake iti iho ranei. Ko nga rohe enei ki te Kotiu he whenua Maori ko Manohuruhuru he awa ki te Kotiu-tua-Marangai he page 103raina ruri whiti mai ki te awa o Ngapipito ki te Marangai ko te awa o Ngapipito me tetahi awa he manga o, Ngapipito ki te Tonga he raina ruri. Ki te Hauauru ko te awa o Waikaru ki te Tuaraki he whenua Maori.

Ruatara.
Te Waiwilakarukuruku.
Hori Winiana.
her x mark.
Hemi Timoko.
Hone Makoare.

Spencer von Sturmer,
Resident Magistrate, Hokianga.
Charles E. Nelson,
Interpreter under Native Lands Act, 1873,

I, Theodore Minet Haultain, the Trust Commissioner under "The Native LandsTrust Commissioner's Certificate. Frauds Prevention Act, 1870," for the District of Auckland, do hereby certify that I have, with respect to the within-written instrument and the alienation thereby witnessed, made the inquiries directed by the said Act, and do certify that I am satisfied with the, result of such inquiries.

T. M. Haultain,
Trust Commr.

Dated this 24th day of August, 1875.

736 c.

Received for Registration at 1 p.m. 24th Augst., 1875.Registration.

[l.s.]

M. Hamilton, Dep. Registrar.

A True Copy of Original Deed, Maori Précis, Certificate, and Endorsement.

H. H. Turton.

Wellington, March 11th, 1876.