Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Declaration of Frederick Green Skipworth]

[Declaration of Frederick Green Skipworth]

I, Frederick Green Skipworth, of Gisborne, in the Province of Auckland, in the Declaration of F. G. Skipworth. Colony of New Zealand, do solemnly and sincerely declare
  • 1. that I am a duly licensed Interpreter under "The Native Lands Act, 1865," "The Native Lands Act, 1867," and "The Native Lands Act, 1873."
  • 2. That I was present together with Paora Parau, an aboriginal Native of Turanga, and did see Wiremu Kingi Tutahurangi, Te Rangikohera, Wi Mahuika, Te Otene Waka, Atareta Ruru, Panapa Waihopi, Arapera Pere, Aporo Matahuata, Pera Tutoko, and Tipene Tutaki, parties to the within-written instrument, sign the same.
  • 3. That immediately before the signing of the within-written memorandum of lease by the said Wiremu Kingi Tutahurangi, Te Rangi Kohera, Wi Mahuika, Te Otene Waka, Atareta Ruru, Panapa Waihopi, Arapera Pere, Aporo Matahuata, Pera Tutoki, and Tipene Tutaki, I did faithfully interpret the said memorandum of lease to them into the Maori language, and they appeared to understand the same. And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of the above-recited Acts, and of "The Justices of the Peace Act, 1866."

F. G. Skipworth,
Licensed Interpreter, Gisborne.

Made and declared at Gisborne, this fifteenth day of March, 1875, before—

W. K. Nesbitt, Resident Magistrate.