Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

Schedule referred to

Schedule referred to.

Boundaries. [40,000 acres.]Commencing at Waireporepo near the North East corner of Runanga No. 1 Block on the Waipunga River, thence to Otutaria, thence to Oparo and on to Te Paeroa, thence to Te werenga-o-te-pupa where it turns to the left leaving Otamapotiki hill on the right and follows down Te Rerenga-o-Tuwhakahoroahu stream to Otuweta stream then down the Wheao River to a bend called TeTokari where it leaves the Wheap and follows down a grassy valley crossing Waihuahua and Mangamutu streams, thence to the Rangitaiki River at Te Arawhata ia Nohomoki then up the Bangitaiki River to Te page 689Haka-o-te-Apiti where it leaves the Rangitaiki and follows along the boundary of Runanga No. 1 Block to the said starting point at Waireporepo. These boundaries include all the lands to which the terms of this lease refer and it'is agreed by all the parties thereto that should the final adjudication on these lands result in any alteration of these boundaries and reduction of the area then that such reduction be met by a corresponding and pro rata reduction in the yearly rental thereof.

Rawiri Tahawai x his mark.
Raharuhi Puritia.
Mauparaoa Te Rau x his mark.
Moihi te Huri x his mark.
Te Hira Potakurua.
Hori te Nohotu.
Peraniko Ngarimu.
Ngawaka Takeke.
Horomona Te Aho x his mark.
Te Tihi Paraoru x his mark.
Peraniko Parakiri.
Miriama Paretawhio x her mark.
Matetahuna Te Marama her mark.
Paretipua Te Huriwhenua x her mark.
Rawinia Rangihoea x her mark.
Peti Maraea x her mark.
Ihaia te Waru.
Ko Manuera Te Tuhi.
Pokairangi.
Te Paipa Muruhuhu x his mark.
Nikora te Wakaunua.
Pukarei Tamarakai.
Marara Pipi x.
Mere Peka Whatarau x her mark.
Namu Te Tuhi x his mark.
Rakapa Peraniko x her mark.
Harete Peraniko.
Na Roka Repora.
Waihuri Pouaka x her mark.
Moemoe Taruna x her mark.
Tirakoroheke Ngaawhiawhi x her mark.
Konaho Hopaia x her mark.
Himahima Horomona x her mark.
Ramariki te Hau x her mark.
Ere Peita x his mark.
Te Wata Horomona x his mark.
Hau Rawiri x his mark
Apiata Tanirau x his mark.
Horopapera Mauparaoa x his mark.
Hopaia Peraniko x his mark.
Maneana te Ariki
Te WharehuiaTeKahika.
Whiripo Parahi x his mark.
Hapimana Rawiri.
Petera te Rangihiroa.
Te Hirawanu Rangihuritini x his mark.
Kemara te Tuhi.

Henry Mitchell,
Land Purchase Agent.

Signed by the aforesaid aboriginal natives in the presence of—

Gilbert Mair, Sub. Insp., Licensed Interpreter.

Witness to signatures and marks of, aforesaid aboriginal natives—

John McGregor, Surveyor, Taupo.

This third day of February, eighteen hundred and seventy five.

Ko tenei Pukapuka i tuhituhia i te kotahi o nga ra o Pepuere kotahi mano e waruMaori précis rau e whitu tekau ma rima (1875) no nga tangata Maori kua oti nei te hainai a ratou ingoa nei. He tind tuku taturo i to ratou whenua ko Tuwhangaupoko te ingoa a e mau nei anote whakaahua i te taha nei ki a Kuini Wikitoria mo nga tau e toru tkau. Te utu mo nga tau, kotahi tekau o te tuatahi kotahi rau pauna, mo te tau, mo nga tau kotahi tekau o te tuarua kotahi rau E Rima tekau pauna mo te tau mo nga tau Kotahi tekau o te tuarora E rua rau pauna mo te tau, na ko nga rohe enei ia timata i Waireporepo ki te Pito ki raro o Runanga nama Wans i te Awa o Waipunga ka rere ki Otutaria, Oparo Te Paeroa Te Weranga o Te Pupa, ka huri kikonei ka waiho a Otamapotiki ki te katau ka haere i roto o Te Rere o Tuwhakahoroahu awa Otuweta Wheao ki tetahi Piko ko te Tokari te ingoa ka rere ki utu ka haere i roto i te wharua ka whiti i waihuahua i mangaumutu tae noa ki Rangitaiki ki te Arawhata i a noho moke ka haere whakarimga i roto i te awa o Rangitaiki tae atu ki te haka o te Apiti ka eke ki runga i te rohe o Runanga Nama wana toe noa ki Waireporepp te timatanga Ko enei nga. rohe o tenei Reti, Na ki te rere ke awa rohe ka whakaitia tenei whenua i te whakawakanga ka whakahokia hoko te moni o te reti i te mea kua iti haere nga eka.
I hereby certify that the terms of this Deed were clearly translated by me to theCertificate. aforesaid Natives, and that they perfectly understood the purport of the same.

Gilbert Mair,
Licensed Interpreter,

A True Copy of Original Deed, Maori précis, and Certificate.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, August 18th, 1875.