Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Declaration of Henry Martin Hamlin]

[Declaration of Henry Martin Hamlin]

I, Henry Martin Hamlin, of Clive, in the Province of Hawke's Bay, do solemnly and Declaration of Henry Martyn Hamlin. sincerely declare—
  • 1. That I am a duly licensed Interpreter under the Native Lands Acts, 1865 and 67.
  • 2. That I was present on the fifteenth day of July, 1872 and did see Aperahama Werewere, Rawiri Kahia, Te Roera Tauri, Hori Tauri, and Hamuera Takurua sign the Within-written Deed of conveyance and annexed translation thereon, and that before they signed it I carefully interpreted and explained the contents thereof to them, and tne contents were fully understood by them previous to their respective execution thereof.
  • 3. That the said Deed of Conveyance and annexed translation thereof, dated 15th July, 1872, was on that day signed by the said Aperahama Werewere, Rawiri Kahia, Te Roera Tauri, Hori Tauri, and Hamuera Takurua, in the presence of myself and of George Thomas Fannin, of Napier, Superintendent's Clerk, a male adult European, and that we subscribed our names as the witnesses to their respective execution thereof.
  • 4. I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of "The Justices of the Peace Act, 1866," and the Native Lands Acts now in force in New Zealand.

H. M. Hamlin.

Declared at Napier, this 20th day of July, 1872, in the presence of—

H. B. Sealy,

A Justice of the Peace for the Colony of New Zealand.