Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

Translation

Translation.

1871. 25 January.Taupo District.This Deed made the Twenty fifth day of January One thousand eight hundred and seventy one Between Te Poihipi Tukairangi Hamuera Takurua Paora Hapimana Hurwaka Maniapoto Te Hina Te Popoki Te Kurupae and Ihakara Kahuao all of the Taupo District in the Province of Auckland Aboriginal Natives of New Zealand of the one Tauhara, Middle, No. 2. part and Her Majesty Queen Victoria of the other Witnesseth that in consideration of the sum of (£100) One hundred pounds to the said Te Poihipi Tukairangi Hamuera Receipt for £100. Takurua Paora Hapimana Huriwaka Maniapoto Te Hina Popoki Te Kurupae and Ihakara Kahuao paid by Her Majesty the Queen They the said Te Poihipi Tukairangi Hamuera Takurua Paora Hapimana Maniapoto Te Hina Popoki Te Kurupae and Ihakara Kahuao Do hereby cede grant convey and assure unto the said Her Majesty the Queen her successors and assigns All that piece or parcel of land situate in the Taupo District being a portion of the Block of land commonly called or known by the name of Tauhara Middle and containing by admeasurement Three hundred and eighty two acres one rood (382ac. lr. Op.) more or less and Bounded towards the North by a line Nine Boundaries. [382a. 1r. Op.] thousand five hundred and twenty three links (9523) towards the West by a line Two thousand three hundred and fifty (2350) links towards the South West by a line Sixty nine Hundred (6900) links towards the South East by a line Thirty eight hundred (3800) links and towards the East by a line Thirty five Hundred (3500) links as the said parcel of land is delineated on the plan drawn in the Margin hereof Together with the rights members and appurtenances to the said parcel of land belonging or appertaining To Hold the said parcel of land with the appurtenances thereunto belonging unto her said Majesty the Queen her successors and assigns for ever In witness whereof the said Te Poihipi Tukairangi Hamuera Takurua Paora Hapimana Huriwaka Maniapoto Te Hina Te Popoki Te Kurupae and Ihakara Kahuao have hereunto subscribed their names the day and year first above written.

Na Te Poihipi Tukairangi.
Hamuera Takurua.
Ihakara Kakuao.
Werewere Te Rangi.
Na te Popoki Te Kurupae.
Te Hemopo te rahui.
Wiremu Ngamutu x.
Rutene te Rahui x.
Hohepa Hinerau.
Pita Ohaia x.
Hunia Takurua.
Wi Maihi Maniapoto.
Te mate wai Takurua.
Kiriwera te Rahui x.
Wiremu te Rahui x.
Wi Tamihana te Kapua x.
mere hira te umakohikohi.
Reweti te Kume.
Mere Hapi.
Te Hira te Rangi x.
Taraipini Hinia.
Rokino Kiriwera.
Horiana.
Arapeta te Kurupae.
Kataraina Momai.
Tain Parawharau.
Te Ro Maniapoto.
Kaipekepeke Rore.
Kataraina Nikorima.
Rerehau Hikapoauau.
Hera Uruika.
Hurihanga te Rahui.
Rangi Takaiiho.
Mere Hapi.
Wi MaihrManiapoto.

Witness to signature—

Daniel Ross.
Robt. White.

page 684

I tuhia e taua Mere Hapi me Maniapoto o raua ingoa i muri iho i te whakamaoritanga me te whakamaramatanga o tenei pukapuka ki a raua i te aroaro o—

Gilbert Mair,
Licensed, Interpreter. 13/4/72.

Declaration of Interpretation Marked B. Attached.

Gilbert Mair,
Licensed Interpreter.