Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

(Enclosure 13 in No. 466.)

(Enclosure 13 in No. 466.)

Memorandum of Agreement made this Fifteenth day of December One thousand Eight Enclosure 13. hundred and Sixty Eight between Taraiti Tukunui te Rangihau and Timi Tirua Native Chiefs of the District of Tauranga in the Province of Auckland in the Colony of New Zealand of the one part and Messrs. Whitaker and Russell Solicitors of the City of Auckland of the other part. Whereby the said Taraiti Tukunui te Rangihau and Timi Tirua agree to s[gap — reason: illegible]l to the said Messrs. Whitaker and Russell all that piece or parcel of land situated on the Island of Matakana in the District of Tauranga in the Province of Auckland in the Colony of New Zealand and known by the name of Hanatea and containing Hanates. [100 acres.] one hundred acres more or less And the said Messrs. Whitaker and Russell agree to purchase the said land and agree to pay to the said Taraiti Tukunui te Rangihau and Timi Tirua at the rate of Four shillings per acre in manner following, the sum of Twelve pounds to be paid on signing this agreement and the balance on the execution of a Conveyance for the said land. And the said Taraiti Tukunui Te Rangihau and Timi Tirua further agree to have the said land surveyed without loss of time at their cost.

Signed this Fifteenth day of December One thousand Eight hundred and Sixty Eight.

Taraiti Tukunui te Rangihau x his mark.
Timi Tirua.

In the presence of—

Wy. Ashcroft.

I hereby certify that I have read over the above agreement to Taraiti Tukunui te Rangihau and Timi Tirua and that they fully understand its contents.

Richard de Thierry, L. I.

Receipt for £12. Received the sum of Twelve pounds stg. on a/c.

Taraiti Tukunui te Rangihau x his mark.

Auckland, 15 Dec, 1868.

Witness—

R. de Thierry.