Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

Mangatawhiri, Allotments 65, 66, 69, Lower Waikato District

Mangatawhiri, Allotments 65, 66, 69, Lower Waikato District.

1862. 7 July.Lower Waikato District.To all to whom these Presents shall come I John William Hall of Mangarei near Auckland in the Province of Auckland Farmer send Greeting:
Mangatawhiri. Whereas I am seized of or well and sufficiently entitled to the inheritance in fee simple Allotments 65, 66, 69. in possession free from incumbrances of and in the allotments or parcels of land hereinafter severally described and intended to be hereby conveyed and assured with the appurtenances and whereas I have contracted for the absolute sale of the said allotments or parcels of land to Her Majesty Queen Victoria her Heirs and Successors for Receipt for £592 . 5. the price or sum of Five hundred and ninety two pounds and five shillings Now these Presents Witness that in Consideration of the said sum of Five hundred and ninety two pounds and five shillings to me well and truly paid the receipt whereof I do hereby acknowledge I the said John William Hall Do hereby convey and assure unto Her Majesty Queen Victoria her Heirs and Successors all those Three several pieces or parcels of land situated in the Parish of Maungatawhiri in the County of Eden in the said Province of Auckland being allotments numbered respectively 65, 66, and 69 in the Register Books of the Registrar of the said Province of Auckland and are bounded respectively as follows that is to say:—
Allotment No. 65. [160 acres.] Allotments No. Sixty five containing by admeasurement One hundred and sixty acres more or less bounded on the North by lot No Sixty six Five thousand and fifty links on the East by a road Four thousand four hundred and sixty links on the South by the Waikato river and on the West by lines One thousand four hundred and twenty links and Five hundred links:
Allotment No. 66. [225 acres.] Allotment No. Sixty six containing by admeasurement Two hundred and twenty five acres more or less bounded on the North by lot No. Sixty seven Five thousand and ten links on the East by lot No. Sixty eight Four hundred links by a road Two thousand five hundred and eight links and by a reserve Seven hundred and eighty links on the South by lot No. Sixty five Five thousand and fifty links and on the West by lines One thousand seven hundred links and One thousand six hundred and ninety links:
Allotment No. 69. [59 acres.] Allotment No. Sixty nine containing by admeasurement Fifty nine acres more or less bounded on the North by lot No. Twelve Two hundred and two links Three hundred and twenty links and Six hundred and seventy five links and by a road in a curve on the East by the same road in a curve on the South by a road One hundred links Three hundred and twenty two links Three hundred and seventy eight links Six hundred and ninety six links and Three hundred and twenty links and on the West by lot No. Sixty eight One thousand six hundred and seventy links and Two thousand two hundred links as the same are more particularly delineated in the Maps or Plans drawn in the margin of these Presents with all the rights members and appurtenances to the said several allotments or parcels of land belonging To hold unto Her said Majesty her Heirs and Successors for ever:

In witness whereof I the said John William Hall have hereunto subscribed my name this seventh day of July in the year One thousand eight hundred and sixty two.

Jno. W. Hall.

Signed by the said John William Hall in the presence of us—

William Thorne Buckland, Settler, Kohuora.
John Channing Buckland, Kohuora. 20885.

Monday, 7 July, 1862.

Registration. Received for Registration 3¼ p.m..

(l.s.)Josiah Buttress,
Dep. Reg.

A True Copy of Original Deed and Endorsement.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, April 16th, 1875.