Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Declaration of Edward Henry Power]

[Declaration of Edward Henry Power]

Declaration of Edward Henry Power. I Edward Henry Power of the Thames in the Province of Auckland in the Colony of New Zealand Licensed Native Interpreter do most solemnly and sincerely declare as follows that is to say—
1I did faithfully interpret into the Maori language the within Deed to Aihe Pepene and Hirawa Te Moananui the part named therein immediately before the execution of the said Deed by
2My Translation of the said Deed was correct and was understood by the said Aihe Pepene and Hirawa Te Moananui.
3The said Deed was executed by the said Aihe Pepene and Hirawa Te Moananui in the presence of Wirope Hoterene Taipari of The Thames in the said Province of Auckland Gentleman and me this Declarant.
4The name Edward Henry Power set and subscribed as that of one of the Witnesses attesting the due execution of the said Deed is of my proper handwriting and I hold a Certificate authorizing me to act as an Interpreter under "The Native Lands Act 1865" and "The Native Lands Act 1867" which said Certificate is in full force and effect.
5The name Wirope Hoterene Taipari set and subscribed as that of one of the Witnesses attesting the due execution of the said Deed is of the proper handwriting of the said Wirope Hoterene Taipari and the said Wirope Hoterene Taipari is a male adult.

And I make this solemn Declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the provisions of the said several Acts and by virtue of an Act of the General Assembly of New Zealand aforesaid intituled "The Justices of the Peace Act 1866."

Edwd. Hy. Power.

Made and declared at the Thames in the Pro
vince of Auckland in the Colony of New
Zealand this Seventh day of December
One Thousand Eight Hundred and Seventy
one Before me—

H. Chas. Lawlor
A Justice of the Peace.

3954d.
Registration. Received for Registration at 2 p.m., 21 July; 1874.(l.s.)

M. Hamilton,Dep. Registrar.

A True Copy of Original Deed, Declaration, and Endorsement.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, 12th March, 1875.