Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

(Certificate of Title.) — Waiwhakaurunga Block, Hauraki District

(Certificate of Title.)
Waiwhakaurunga Block, Hauraki District.

1875. 7 May.Hauraki District.Pursuant to Memorandum of transfer from Matiaha Kahuma and others No. 411 Her Waiwhakaurunca. Majesty Queen Victoria is now seized of an Estate in fee simple subject nevertheless to such encumbrances liens and interests as are notified by Memorial underwritten or endorsed hereon in that piece of land situated in the District of Hauraki Queen's County [14,186 acres.] in the Colony of New Zealand containing fourteen thousand one hundred and eighty six acres more or less being called or known by the name of Waiwhakaurunga and numbered 2516, As the same is delineated by the plan drawn on the second half hereof edged green, Reserves excepted. Except the following pieces of land namely, the Panehenehe Reserve containing eighty one acres more or less, the Moturaupo Reserve containing Ten acres more or less and the Waiwawa Reserve containing ninety five acres more or less severally colored red on the said plan which said Block is delineated in the public map of the said District deposited in the office of the Native Lands at Auckland originally granted the seventeenth day of December 1873 under the hand of Sir James Fergusson Baronet Governor of New Zealand to the said Matiaha Kahumu and others, In witness whereof I have hereunto signed my name and affixed my seal this seventh day of May one thousand eight hundred and seventy five.

Theo Kissling, (l.s.)
District Land Registrar of the District of Auckland.

Signed in the presence of—

Thomas S. Hall,

the 7th day of May, 1875. ( No. 58, by Thomas Russell, Captain James Stone and William Chisholme Wilson, produced and entered the 29th July 1874 at 3 p.m. o'clock.

Kissling,
District Land Registrar.