Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Declaration of John William Richard Guilding]

[Declaration of John William Richard Guilding]

Declaration of J. W. R. Guilding.I, John William Richard Guilding, of Shortland, in the Province of Auckland, in New Zealand, a duly authorized Interpreter under "The Native Lands Act, 1873," do solemnly and sincerely declare—
1. That I was present together with Gerald O'Halloran, of Shortland, in the Province of Auckland aforesaid, a male adult, and did see Piniha Pumoko, Hoani Toaranawhea, and Hohepa Toa, named and described in the within-written deed, duly sign and execute the same.
2. That the names Piniha Pumoko, Hoani Toaranawhea, and Hohepa Toa thereto subscribed are of the proper handwriting of the said Piniha Pumoko, Hoani Toaranawhea, and Hohepa Toa.
3. That before the execution of the said Deed by the said Piniha Pumoko, Hoani Toaranawhea, and Hohepa Toa I did translate the same into the Maori language, and that my translation thereof was correct and was perfectly understood by the said Piniha Pumoko, Hoani Toaranawhea, and Hohepa Toa. And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of the provisions of an Act of the General Assembly of New Zealand intituled "The Justices of the Peace Act, 1866."

J. W. R. Guilding.

Declared at Thames in the said Province this fourteenth day of October, one thousand eight hundred and seventy-four, before me—

E. W. Puckey,
A Justice of the Peace for the Colony of New Zealand.

4117d. Registration. Received for Registration at 10 a.m., 16 Nov., 1874. (l.s.)

M. Hamilton,
Dep. Registrar.

A True Copy of Original Deed, Declaration, and Endorsement.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, October 25th, 1875.