Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Declaration of George Thomas Wilkinson]

[Declaration of George Thomas Wilkinson]

Declaration of G. T. Wilkinosn. I, George Thomas Wilkinson, of Shortland, in the Province of Auckland and Colony of New Zealand, a duly licensed Interpreter under "The Native Lands Act, 1865," "The Native Lands Act, 1867," "The Native Lands Act Amendment Act, 1868," "The Native Lands Act, 1869," and "The Native Lands Act Amendment Act, 1870," do solemnly and sincerely declare as follows:—
  • 1. That. I was present on the twentieth day of May instant, together with James Armstrong Miller, of Grahamstown, in the said Province and Colony, Solicitor, a male adult, and did see Rapana Maunganoa, mentioned and described in the within-written deed, duly sign and execute the said deed and the Schedule thereto by affixing his mark to the said deed and Schedule respectively.
  • 2. That the mark "x" set and affixed to the said deed and Schedule respectively was so made, set, and affixed by the said Rapana Maunganoa.
  • 3. That the signatures "George T. Wilkinson," "J. A. Miller," respectively set and, subscribed to the said deed and Schedule as the Witnesses attesting the due execution thereof, are of the proper handwriting of me this declarant, and the said James Armstrong Miller respectively
  • 4. That immediately before the execution of the said deed and Schedule by the said Rapana Maunganoa, I did interpret the same to him into the Maori language, and that my translation thereof was correct and understood by the said Rapana Maunganoa.

And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of the above-named Acts of the General Assembly of, New Zealand, and of a certain other Act of the said General Assembly intituled "The Justices of the Peace Act, 1866."

George T. Wilkinson.

Made and declared at Grahamstown, in the province aforesaid, this twentieth day of May, 1873. Before me—
Albert J. Allom,

One of Her Majesty's Justices of the Peace in and for the Colony of New Zealand.
3993d.
Received for Registration at 2 p.m., 21st July, 1874.Registration.

(l.s.)

M. Hamilton,
Dep. Registrar.

A True Copy of Original Deed, Schedule, Declaration, and Endorsement.

Wellington, February 24th, 1875. H. H. Turton.