Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

Schedule

Schedule.

Boundaries. [4,405 acres.] Bounded towards the North by the Maungataniwha No. 2 Block towards the East by lines seven hundred and eighteen (718) links one thousand one hundred and seventy three (1173) links two thousand and eighty (2080) links seven hundred and fifty (750 links) three hundred and forty eight (348) links five hundred and fifty (550) links four hundred and twenty eight (428) links seven hundred and forty (740) links three hundred and ten (310) links four hundred and twenty (420) links four hundred and four (404) links four hundred and eighty (480) links one thousand one hundred and eighty (1180) links four hundred and fifty six (456) links one thousand and forty eight (1048) three hundred and twelve (312) links four hundred and thirty four (434) links eight hundred and thirty eight (838) links five hundred and seventy two (572) links four hundred and seventy four (474) links five hundred and two (502) links five hundred and ninety two (592) links eight thousand nine hundred and fifty four (8954) links nine hundred and sixty six (966) links and one thousand six hundred and thirty two (1632) links towards the South by the Pahikokuru Creek and towards the West by Te Wairinga River the Takahue No. 1 Block.
Maori précis. He pukapuka tino tuku rawa atu tenei Na Hori Karaka Tawiti, Te Tiahuia, ratou ko Haimona te Waruora i tera whenua katoa tona ingoa ko Takahue No. 2 ki a Victoria te Kuini o Ingarangi ki ona uri ki nga Kingi ki nga Kuini i muri i a ia ake tonu atu ko te utu mo taua Whenua £513 " 18 " 1 Ko tona nui'e wha mano e wha rau ma rima eka nui atu iti iho ranei. Ko nga rohe enei Ko te rohe ki te Nota he whenua na te Kawanatanga ko Maungataniwha Weta No. 2 ki te Eta he raina 718 riki he raina ano 1173 riki he raina ano 2080 riki he raina ano 750 riki he raina ano 348 riki he raina ano 550 riki he raina ano 420 riki he raina ano 740 riki he raina ano 310 riki he raina ano 420 riki he raina ano 404 riki he raina ano 480 riki he raina ano 1180 riki he raina ano 456 riki he raina ano 1048 riki he raina ano 312 riki he raina ano 434 riki he raina ano 838 riki he raina ano 572 riki he raina ano 474 riki he raina ano 1316 riki he raina ano 544 riki he raina ano 502 riki he raina ano 592 riki he raina ano 8954 riki he raina ano 966 riki he raina ano 1632 riki i te taha ki te Hauta ko te Manga o Pahikokuru i te taha ki te Weta ko te Awa o Wairinga me Takahue No. 1.
Interpreter's certificate. I George Kelly an Interpreter duly appointed under "The Native Lands Act 1873" do hereby certify that the above is a True and clear Statement in the Maori language of the contents of the Deed written on the first page of this sheet of parchment which said Deed I properly explained to Hori Karaka Tawiti, Te Tiahuia, and Haimona Te Waruora, the Native therein mentioned before the same was executed by them.

Geo Kelly,
Licensed Interpreter.

Trust,' Commissioner's certificate. I Theodore Minet Haultain the Trust Commissioner under the Native Lands Frauds Prevention Act 1870 for the District of Auckland do hereby certify that I have with respect to the within written instrument and the alienation thereby witnessed, made the page 31Inquiries directed by the said Act, and do certify that I am satisfied with the result of such inquiries.

T. M. Haultain,
Trust Commr.

Dated this 23rd day of August, 1875.

745 c.
Received for Registration 1 p.m., 24th August, 1875. [l.s.]

M. Hamilton,
Registrar.

A true copy of original Deed, Maori Précis, Certificates and Endorsement.

H. Hanson Turton.

Registration. Wellington, 8th March, 1876.