Other formats

    Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  


    mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 71

(1.) Cash Purchases

(1.) Cash Purchases.

If the selector elects to pay cash, he is given a "certificate of occupation," authorising him to hold and occupy the land. But before a Crown grant is issued to him he must expend on "substantial improvements of a permanent character," a sum equivalent to £1 per acre on first-class lands, and 10s. per acre on second-class lands. He is allowed seven years within which to do this, and he can obtain his title to the freehold (that is, the Crown grant) at any time during the seven years, on showing to the satisfaction of the Board that he has made the requisite improvements. Should he desire to dispose of his land page 10 whilst holding a certificate of occupation, the Board may authorise such transfer, and the transferee will then be hound by the same conditions as the original selector.

Not more than 250,000 acres of rural land may be selected for cash in any one year.