The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 69
Colonial Insurance Company
Colonial Insurance Company.
The Colonial Insurance Company was established in 1878, with its head office in Wellington, the authorised capital being fixed at £20,000, and the subscribed capital £100,000, in 200,000 shares of £10 each. The paid-up capital is £50.000, and branches have been established in the four principal cities, and agencies throughout the colonies, as well as in Launceston, Melbourne, and Sydney. The general manager is Mr. F. Allen, and the directors are Messrs. J. B. Harcourt, E. W. Mills, G. M. Kebbell, Jacob Joseph, and J. Kircaldie. Mr. J. B. Graham is manager of the Auckland branch, Messrs. Cuff and Graham managers of the Christchurch branch, Rice, Stead and Co. managers of the Dunedin branch, and Mr. James Harlroe manager of the Dunedin branch. Dividends amounting to 3 per cent. of the capital have been paid since the incorporation of the company.