The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 69
South British Insurance Company
South British Insurance Company.
The South British Fire and Marine Insurance Company was established in 1872. It has a capital of £2,000,000, in £20 shares, £1,292.560 being subscribed, and the paid up capital being £129,256. The reserve fund is £81,160, and the total amount paid in dividends £145.590. The head office is in Auckland, and there are branches in Wellington, Christchurch, and Dunedin, agencies in Greymouth, Hokitika, Nelson, Taranaki, and Wanganui, and foreign agencies all over the world. The directors are—Messrs. W. C. Daldy (chairman), R. C. Barstow, Alfred Buckland, T. Peacock (M.H.R.), R. Hobbs (M.H.R.), J. Batger, and W. S. Wilson. The general manager is Mr. G. Johnston, and the local manager Mr. A. S. Russell.