The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 69
National Bank of New Zealand
National Bank of New Zealand.
This Bank was established in London in 1872 and in New Zealand in 1873, and is incorporated under the Companies Acts of 1862 to 1886, and the New Zealand Act of 1873, with a capital of £1,900,000 in 200,000 shares. The first issue was £900,000 in 100,000 shares. The head office of the Bank is in 71, Old Broad-street, London, E.C. The chairman of directors is Mr. Edward Brodie Hoare, M.P., and the deputy chairman Mr. Edward Chas. Morgan, the other directors being Sir Chas. Clifford, Messrs. Wm. Smellie Grahame, John Morrison, James Rattray (New Zealand), Dudley Robert Smith, William John-stone Steele, Philip Vanderbyl, and Sydney Young, and Mr. Richard Maxwell is the general secretary. The head office in New Zealand is at Dunedin, and the general manager is Mr. William Dymock. There are branches and agencies in all the centres of population in the colony, and agencies in the Australian colonies. The Auckland branch manager is Mr. James Coates; Dunedin branch, Mr. A. Michie; Wellington branch, Mr. H. R. Glegg; and Christchurch branch, Mr. A. Ferguson.