The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 60
Committee and Secretary
Committee and Secretary.
15. Any vacancy occurring in the Committee shall be reported at the next General Meeting, and some member shall then be elected by the Chamber to fill such vacancy.
16. The Committee shall not determine any public question, nor take any public action on behalf of the Chamber, but shall be competent to submit such questions as it may think proper at General or Special Meetings of the Chamber.
17. Three Members of Committee shall be a quorum thereof.
18. Any Member becoming bankrupt, or taking the benefit of any Act for the relief of insolvent debtors, shall thereupon cease to be a Member of Committee.
19. Amongst the duties of the Secretary, who shall be appointed, from year to year by the Committee, are to attend all Meetings of page 34 the Chamber and of the Committee, to keep a minute-book, and enter therein all proceedings that take place; to preserve the records and documents of the Chamber, receive all moneys, letters, and applications; to arrange business for the Committee and General Meetings; summon meetings in the manner directed by the Committee; collect the funds, and lodge them in a Bank to the account of the Treasurer of the Auckland Chamber of Commerce; countersign and enter all cheques signed by the Treasurer under the sanction of the Committee; collect and arrange all statistical information that may be deemed desirable, and generally to assist the Chairman and Committee in the promotion of the objects of the Chamber as they may require; also, to keep open the Hall, and be in attendance thereat at such time as may be directed by the Committee from time to time; and at such time to keep all books and papers accessible to the Members of the Chamber, but not to permit the removal from the Hall of any book or paper without the express sanction of the Committee.