The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 60
3. The general business of the Chamber shall be transacted at Quarterly General Meetings, to he held on the second Thursday of the months of January, April, July, and October, at three o'clock p.m.
4. Special General Meetings shall be convened by the Secretary, when directed by the Chairman, or, in his absence, by the Vice-Chairman; also upon a requisition of five members, stating the objects of such meeting, provided it he in accordance with the objects of the Institution, as set forth in Rule No. 2.
5. All Meetings of the Chamber and of the Committee shall be presided over by the Chairman, if present, or, in his absence, by the Vice-Chairman; or, in the absence of both, the meeting shall elect a Chairman from the Members present.
6. The Chairman presiding shall, besides a deliberate, have, in the event of an equality, a casting vote.
7. No Member shall be allowed to vote by proxy, and no Member shall be allowed to vote whose subscription is in arrear.
8. All elections of officers and of Members of Committee shall, when more than the number required respectively are proposed, be conducted by ballot, and be decided by a majority of votes.page 33
9. At all Meetings of the Chamber seven Members shall be a quorum.
10. In the event of a quorum not being present within fifteen minutes after the hour for which any meeting shall have been called, the meeting shall stand adjourned to the same hour that day week, and so from time to time until a meeting shall be duly constituted.