Other formats

    Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  


    mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Salient: Victoria University Students' Newspaper. Vol. 24, No. 7. 1961.

Get Mad!

Get Mad!

May 14, 1961.

Dear Sir,—Appalling! What a b———— mess! Indoctrination. Religious phobia. 75% of students are religious: repeat, religious (and proud of it. So what?). So. where are the radicals? Where are the extremists? Where are the devils? (In the remaining 25%; any fool could guess that). But 25% is not enough.

The 25% must be expanded. Society must be given some real life and blood. What's the use of religion unless there is some real, warm, quivering Temptation!

So let's tempt religion with Sex (real sex); with Drink (really rotten); with Blasphemy (ho, ho).

The moral of this is simple. Let's all kick up hell. Let's all go to Hell. Let's be Devils!

J. Markham.