Salient. An Organ of Student Opinion at Victoria University College, Wellington N.Z. Vol. 20, No. 2. March 20, 1957
- For the statement that in the new Student Union Building "the basement floor contains only a gymnasium". This statement was the result of a careful study of the plans (on which one floor, clearly containing only a gymnasium, is mysteriously labelled "Gymnasium Floor") and a misleading explanation given us by an Executive officer of the Students Association. We understand that the Gym. Floor is, in fact, closer to the attic.
- For the assertion that an Extrav. script was being written by "John Dawick, John Gamby, and others". We understand from both the gentlemen named that they are working on two entirely separate scripts. The one we described is apparently Mr. Dawick's
- For a number of misprints, one of which suggested that the Davy Crockett Cult had won a place in the Easter Tournament schedule. The game we intended to refer to was "Cricket".
- For suggesting that men full-timers are "totally unrepresented" on the Executive. Men's Vice-President, Mr. Woodfield ("Salient staff should pay for office facilities") bears aloft a lone banner.
- For leaving the "5" out of the "25 per cent" who were mentioned as ejecting Executive.