Salient. An Organ of Student Opinion at Victoria College, Wellington, N.Z. Vol. 2, No. 4 March 29, 1939
- Miss S. Hofford—100 yards breaststroke.
- Miss M. Malcolm—50 and 100 yards freestyle.
- Miss N. Spier—50 and 100 yards freestyle.
- R. G. Hall—100 yards backstroke.
- R. L. Meek—220 yards breastststroke.
- A. Taylor—100 and 440 yards freestyle.
- J. Wishart (Massey)—100 and 220 yards freestyle.
- F. D. O'Flynn—220 and 440 yards freestyle.
This team is infinitely stronger than last year. Miss Hefford and R. G. Hall should easily win their respective events. Miss Spiers stands a good chance in the 50 yards freestyle, though neither she nor Miss Malcolm, without intense training, will come anywhere in the 100 freestyle. Taylor should certainly gain a place in the 100 freestyle, even against the strong opposition which will be offering.
Messrs. O'Flynn, Wishart and Meek should do well in their respective races, though we think it unlikely that any of them will gain a title.
"Salient's" very best wishes go with the Tournament Swimming Team.