Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1908.

[No. 748 (1907).—Petition of Te Rewatu Hiriako and 2 Others re Waiaraia and Umukaimata No. 4 Blocks.]

page 5

No. 748 (1907).—Petition of Te Rewatu Hiriako and 2 Others re Waiaraia and Umukaimata No. 4 Blocks.

Petitioners pray for an inquiry into an alleged overlapping of the Waiaraia and Umukaimata No. 4 Blocks.

I am directed to report that the Committee recommends that the petition be referred to the Government for consideration, with the view of compensating the Natives either with land or with money.

4th August, 1908.

[Translation.]
No. 748 (1907).—Pitihana a Te Rewatu Hiriako me etahi atu tokorua, mo Waiaraia me Umukaimata Nama 4 Poraka.

E inoi ana kia tu he uiuinga mo ta ratou korero e ki nei kua tapikipiki nga rohe o Waiaraia me Umukaimata Nama 4 Poraka.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ripoata, ki te whakaaro a te Komiti me tuku atu tenei pitihana ki te Kawanatanga kia whiriwhiria i runga i te whakaaro kia kapeneheihanatia (are kia utua) nga Maori ki te whenua ki te moni ranei.

4 o Akuhata, 1908.