Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1907.

[No. 122 (1906).—Petition of Tuiti Macdonald and Another, of Wairau, Marlborough.]

No. 122 (1906).—Petition of Tuiti Macdonald and Another, of Wairau, Marlborough.

Petitioners pray for legislation to grant a rehearing of the succession claim to Heni Hekiera, deceased, and also for compensation.

I am directed to report that this Committee has no recommendation to make with regard to the prayer of the petitioners, but is of opinion that the Government should take into consideration the general principles enunciated by the Appellate Court, with a view to placing the law with regard to the rights of adopted Maori children and the adopting parents on a more satisfactory basis.

15th October, 1907.

[Translation.]
No. 122 (1906).—Pitihana a Tuiti Macdonald me etahi atu, o Wairau, Marlborough.

E inoi ana kia mahia he rarangi ture whakaae i tetahi whakawa ano mo te kereme whakatu kairiiwhi mo Heni Hekiera kua mate nei, a kia hoatu hoki he utu kapeteihana.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ripoata, kaore kau he kupu a te Komiti mo runga i te inoi a nga kai-pitihana, engari ki te whakaaro a tenei Komiti e tika ana kia whiriwhiria e te Kawanatanga nga tikanga whanui kua whakapuakina e te Kooti Piira, i runga i te whakaaro kia whakanohoia te ture e pa ana mo nga take o nga tamariki whangai Maori me nga matua whangai ki runga ki tetahi kaupapatanga tika ke atu.

15 o Oketopa, 1907.