Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1906.

[No. 388, 1905.—Petition of Mehaka Tokopounamu and 63 Others, of Galatea, Bay of Plenty District.]

No. 388, 1905.—Petition of Mehaka Tokopounamu and 63 Others, of Galatea, Bay of Plenty District.

Petitioners pray for consideration for loss through action of Native Land Court in connection with illegal sale of Waiohau 1b Block.

I am directed to report that the Committee recommends this petition to the Government for inquiry, and to take action with a view to bring about a satisfactory settlement between the parties.

4th September, 1906.

[Translation.]
No. 388, 1905.—Pitihana a Mehaka Tokopounamu ratou ko etahi atu tangata e ono tekau ma toru, o Karatia, Takiwa o Pei o Pereti.

E inoi ana nga kai-pitihana kia whakaarohia ratou mo te mate i pa ki a ratou i runga i te mahi a te Kooti Whenua Maori i mahi ai i runga i te hokonga hetanga o Waiohau 1b Poraka.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ripoata, ki te whakaaro o te Komiti me uiuia tenei pitihana e te Kawanatanga, a me whakahaere he tikanga i runga i te aronga e tutuki ai he whakaotinga pai mo nga taha e rua.

4 o Hepetema, 1906.