Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1905.

[No. 392, 1905.—Petition of Te Wherowhero Tawhiao and 276 Others.]

No. 392, 1905.—Petition of Te Wherowhero Tawhiao and 276 Others.

Petitioners pray that certain amendments may be made in the Maori Lands Administration Acts, with a view to giving the Maoris better facilities for making use of their lands through the medium of the Maori Land Councils.

I am directed to report that, as this petition refers to a matter of policy, the Committee offers no opinion as to its merits, but recommends that it should be referred to the Government, and that the evidence taken in connection with the question referred to should be printed. (See I.–3b, 1905.)

13th September, 1905.

[Translation.]
No. 392, 1905.—Pitihana a Te Wherowhero Tawhiao ratou ko etahi atu e rua rau, e whitu tekau ma ono.

E inoi ana nga kai-pitihana kia mahia etahi whakatikatika mo nga Ture Whakahaere Whenua Maori, he mea kia hoatu ai etahi huarahi ngawari e ahei ai nga Maori ki te whakahaere i o ratou whenua hei painga mo ratou, i ma roto atu i nga tikanga o nga Kaunihera Whenua Maori.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, i te mea e pa ana te pitihana ki nga tikanga whakahaere a te Kawanatanga kaore kau a te Komiti kupu mo tona aronga, engari ki tona whakaaro me tuku atu ki te Kawanatanga, a ko nga korero i tuhituhia ki te aroaro o te Komiti mo tenei take me perehi.

(Tirohia I.–3b, 1905.)

13 o Hepetema, 1905.