Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1905.

[Nos. 18 and 408, 1905.—Petitions of Newton King and 198 Others, and William Humphries.]

Nos. 18 and 408, 1905.—Petitions of Newton King and 198 Others, and William Humphries.

Petitioners pray that a Royal Commission may be set up to inquire into Mr. Humphries' grievances in connection with his dealings in Native lands.

I am directed to report that the Committee recommends that the Government should be asked to bring in legislation this session empowering a Judge of the Supreme Court to determine issues to be submitted to him, and whose decision shall be final and conclusive.

30th August, 1905.

[Translation.]
No. 18 me No. 408, 1905.—Pitihana a Newton King ratou ko etahi atu 198, me William Humphries.

E inoi ana kia whakaturia he Roiara Komihana hei whakawa i nga mate i pa ki a Mr. Humphries i runga i ana whakahaerenga hoko whenua Maori.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, ki te whakaaro o te Komiti, me tono atu te Kawanatanga kia whakaurua he Pire i tenei tuunga o te Paremete hei whakamana i tetahi o nga Tiati o te Hupirimi Kooti hei whakawa hei whakatau i nga take tera e whakatakotoria ki tona aroaro, a ko tana i whakatau ai hei mutunga rawatanga tera.

30 o Akuhata, 1905.