Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1905.

[Nos. 46, 47, and 48, 1905.—Petitions of Te Hurinui Apanui and 199 Others, Paora te Pakihi and 78 Others, and Matutaera Hatua and 100 Others.]

Nos. 46, 47, and 48, 1905.—Petitions of Te Hurinui Apanui and 199 Others, Paora te Pakihi and 78 Others, and Matutaera Hatua and 100 Others.

Petitioners protest against the Native Land Rating Act, and pray that its provisions may not apply to their lands.

I am directed to report that, as these petitions refer to a question of policy, the Committee has no recommendation to make.

28th July, 1905.

[Translation.]
No. 46, 47, me 48, 1905.—Nga pitihana a Te Hurinui Apanui ratou ko etahi atu 199, a Paora te Pakihi ratou ko etahi atu 78, a Matutaera Hatua me etahi atu 100.

E whakahe ana ki te Ture Reiti Whenua Maori, a e inoi ana kia kaua nga tikanga o taua ture e whakahaerea ki runga ki o ratou whenua.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, i te mea e pa ana enei pitihana ki nga tikanga whakahaere a te Kawanatanga, na reira kaore kau a te Komiti kupu.

28 o Hurae, 1905.