Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1904.

[No. 759, 1903.—Petition of Hare Teimana and 277 Others.]

page 25

No. 759, 1903.—Petition of Hare Teimana and 277 Others.

Petitioners pray that legislation may be introduced to give them an opportunity of proving their claims to the Maungatautari Block, Waikato District.

I am directed to report that, subject to the protection of all lawful dealings which have hitherto been had with the land, the title should be fully reinvestigated by the Native Land Court, in order that any miscarriage of justice which has taken place may, as far as possible, be remedied; the Committee therefore recommends that this petition should be referred to the Government for favourable consideration.

6th October, 1904.

[Translation.]
No. 759, 1903.—Pitihana a Hare Teimana me etahi atu e rua rau e whitu tekau ma whitu.

E Inoi ana kia mahia he ture e ahei ai ratou te whakau i o ratou take kereme ki Maungatautari Poraka, i te Takiwa o Waikato.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, i runga ano i te tiakitanga o nga tikanga katoa kua mahia tikatia i runga i te ture mo runga mo taua whenua, e tika ana kia tino whakawakia houtia te taitara e te Kooti Whenua Maori, kia ahei ai te whakatikatikaina nga wahi e taea ana o nga mea he tera i mahia i mua ake nei, no reira ki te whakaaro a te Komiti me tuku atu tenei pitihana ki te Kawanatanga kia whiriwhiria paitia.

6 o Oketopa, 1904.