Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1904.

[Nos. 465, 481, and 604, 1904.—Petitions of Tiemi Hipi and 200 Others, Rauangina Mereaina and 123 Others, and Taituha Hape and 234 Others.]

Nos. 465, 481, and 604, 1904.—Petitions of Tiemi Hipi and 200 Others, Rauangina Mereaina and 123 Others, and Taituha Hape and 234 Others.

Petitioners pray that the Bill proposing to make Native lands liable to full rates be not allowed to pass into law.

I am directed to report that, as these petitions refer to a matter of policy, the Committee has no recommendation to make.

23rd August, 1904.

[Translation.]
Nos. 465, 481, me 604, 1904.—Pitihana a Tiemi Hipi me etahi atu e rua rau, Rauangina Mereaina me etahi atu kotahi rau e rua tekau ma toru, me Taituha Hape me etahi atu e rua rau e toru tekau ma wha.

E Inoi ana kia kaua e paahitia hei Ture te Pire e mea nei kia tau he puru reiti ki runga ki nga whenua Maori.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, i te mea e pa ana enei pitihana ki runga ki te tikanga porihi no reira kaore kau he kupu a te Komiti.

23 o Akuhata, 1904.