Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1904.

[Nos. 283 and 483, 1904.—Petitions of Kuini Wi Rangipupu (Mrs. Thompson) and Heni Te Rau (Mrs. Jane Brown).]

Nos. 283 and 483, 1904.—Petitions of Kuini Wi Rangipupu (Mrs. Thompson) and Heni Te Rau (Mrs. Jane Brown).

Petitioners complain of the Public Trustee's management of their lands, and pray that they may be allowed to have the same under their own control.

I am directed to report that the Committee recommends that the complaints as set forth in the petitions be investigated and reported on by a Stipendiary Magistrate, a Judge of the Native Land Court, or any suitable tribunal appointed by the Government, such report to be submitted to Parliament.

[A copy of the evidence taken is attached hereto: See I.-3A.]

29th September, 1904.
page 33

[Translation.]
Nos. 283 me 483, 1904.—Pitihana a Kuini Wi Rangipupu (Mrs. Thompson) me Heni Te Rau (Mrs. Jane Brown).

E Whakahe ana nga kai-pitihana ki te whakahaere a te Kaitiaki mo te Katoa i o raua whenua, a e inoi ana kia whakaaetia ma raua ano e whakahaere o raua whenua.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, ki te whakaaro a te Komiti ko nga kupu whakahe e mau na i roto i enei pitihana me tuku atu kia uiuia kia ripoatangia hoki e tetahi Kai-whakawa Hara, e tetahi Tiati ranei o te Kooti Whenua Maori, e tetahi atu ropu Whakawa tika ranei i whakaturia e te Kawanatanga, a ko taua ripoata me tuku ki te Paremete.

29 o Hepetema, 1904.