Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1904.

[Nos. 856 and 857, 1904.—Petitions of Whitiwhiti and 115 Others, and Nepia Matiaha and 85 Others.]

Nos. 856 and 857, 1904.—Petitions of Whitiwhiti and 115 Others, and Nepia Matiaha and 85 Others.

Petitioners pray that the Maoris may be placed on the same footing as Europeans with regard to dealing with their lands.

I am directed to report that, as these petitions refer to a question of policy, the Committee offers no opinion as to their merits, but recommends that they be referred to the Government for consideration.

20th October, 1904.

[Translation.]
Nos. 856 me 857, 1904.—Pitihana a Whitiwhiti me etahi atu kotahi rau tekau ma rima, me Nepia Matiaha me etahi atu e waru tekau ma rima.

E Inoi ana kia whakaturia tahitia nga Maori ki runga ki te turanga kotahi me nga Pakeha mo runga mo nga whakahaeretanga o o ratou whenua.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, i runga i te mea e pa ana enei pitihana ki runga ki te tikanga porihi, no reira kaore kau a te Komiti kupu mo te tika mo te pewhea ranei o aua pitihana, engari e mea ana me tuku atu ki te Kawanatanga kia whiriwhiria.

20 o Oketopa, 1904.