Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1902.

[Nos. 241 and 619, 1901; and 433, 1902. —Petitions of Hakiaha Tawhiao and 6 Others, Miriama Kahukarewao, and Taonui Hikaka and 25 Others.]

Nos. 241 and 619, 1901; and 433, 1902. —Petitions of Hakiaha Tawhiao and 6 Others, Miriama Kahukarewao, and Taonui Hikaka and 25 Others.

Petitioners pray for rehearing in connection with the Whatitokorua and Pukuweka Blocks.

I am directed to report that, as these petitions arise mainly out of a question of tribal boundaries, the Committee recommends that the matter should be referred to the Government in order that steps may be taken to decide the said boundaries, and thus settle the individual differences involved.

23rd September, 1902.

[Translation.]
Nos. 241 me 619, 1901; me 433, 1902. —Pitihana a Hakiaha Tawhiao me etahi atu toko-ono Miriama Kahukarewao, me Taonui Hikaka me etahi atu e rua tekau ma rima.

E inoi ana nga kai-pitihana kia whakaaetia he whakawa tuarua mo Whatitokarua me Pukuweka Poraka.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, i te mea i putake mai enei pitihana i runga i nga tautohetohe mo nga rohe i waenganui i etahi iwi, na reira ki te whakaaro o te Komiti me tuku atu tenei take ki te Kawanatanga kia whakahaerea ai he tikanga e whakataua ai aua rohe, a hei reira whakatautau ai nga paanga tangata i uru ki tenei take.

23 o Hepetema, 1902.