Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1901.

[No. 209, 1899.—Petition of Ani Paki and Another.]

No. 209, 1899.—Petition of Ani Paki and Another.

Petitioners allege that the present lessee of the Oruamatua-Kaimanawa No. 2 Block obtained the lease at an unfairly low rental, and in an illegal manner. They pray that the Legislature may assist them in obtaining an adequate rent.

I am directed to report that if, as the petitioners allege, the lease of the block referred to was obtained by fraud and intimidation it is clearly a case for the law-courts, and this Committee cannot deal with it, consequently there is no recommendation to make.

4th September, 1901.
page 18

Translation.
No. 209, 1899.—Pitihana a Ani Paki me tetahi atu.

E ki ana nga kai-pitihana i he te rironga o te riihi mo Oruamatua-Kaimanawa No. 2 i te tangata e riihi mai nei i taua whenua, i te mea he iti rawa te moni reti, a i te mea hoki i riro taua riihi i runga i etahi tikanga e takahi ana i te ture, na reira ka inoi raua kia awhina te Paramete i a raua kia whiwhi ai raua i te moni reti tika.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, i te mea e ki ana nga kai-pitihana, i riro te riihi o taua poraka i runga i te tinihanga me te whakawehiwehi, he keehi tenei e tika ana kia hoatu ma nga Kooti Hara e whakawa a e kore tenei Komiti e ahei ki te whakahaere i tenei pitihana, na reira kaore kau he kupu a te Komiti.

4 o Hepetema, 1901.