Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1901.

[Nos. 321, 344, 451, and 643, 1900.—Petitions of Eru Titi and 82 Others; Wiremu Potae and 3 Others; Apirana Pahina and 20 Others; Wiremu Pokiha and 54 Others.]

Nos. 321, 344, 451, and 643, 1900.—Petitions of Eru Titi and 82 Others; Wiremu Potae and 3 Others; Apirana Pahina and 20 Others; Wiremu Pokiha and 54 Others.

Petitioners pray for rehearing in connection with the Mangahauini Blocks.

I am directed to report that, as one of the principal parties interested (Colonel Porter) is absent from the colony, the Committee is of opinion that it is inadvisable to go into the merits of these petitions until his return, but in the meantime the Government should be asked to delay the issue of titles to the land in question, and for this purpose it is recommended that the petitions be referred to the Government.

22nd August, 1901.

[Translation. ]
No. 321, 1900.—Pitihana a Eru Titi me etahi atu e waru tekau ma rua; No. 344, 1900, a Wiremu Potae me etahi atu tokoturu; No. 451, 1900, a Apirana Pahina me etahi atu e rua tekau; No. 643, 1900, a Wiremu Pokiha me etahi atu e rima tekau ma wha.

E inoi ana kia whakawakia tuaruatia nga Poraka o Mangahauini.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, i te mea kei te ngaro atu i te koroni tetahi o nga tino tangata (ara, a Kanara Poata) e whai take ana ki enei pitihana, na reira ki te whakaaro o te Komiti kaore e tika kia whakahaerea i naianei nga take o enei pitihana engari me waiho kia hoki mai ra ano taua tangata, otira me tono atu ki te Kawanatanga kia taria e whakaputa nga taitara mo aua whenua, a hei huarahi e taea ai tenei me tuku atu enei pitihana ki te Kawanatanga.

22 o Akuhata, 1901.