Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1901.

[No. 428, 1899.—Petition of Rihipeti Tamaki and Others.]

No. 428, 1899.—Petition of Rihipeti Tamaki and Others.

Petitioners pray for an amendment in the law to enable them to obtain a readjustment of interests in the Horowhenua No. 11 Block.

I am directed to report that the Committee recommends that this matter should be referred to the Government for inquiry, and if after such inquiry it is found that a mistake has been made with regard to the ownership of the land in question the Government should bring in remedial legislation next session; but, on the other hand, if it is found no mistake has been made such steps should be taken as will finally dismiss the case.

7th November, 1901.

[Translation. ]
No. 428, 1899.—Pitihana a Rihipeti Tamaki me etahi atu.

E inoi ana nga kai-pitihana kia whakatikatikaina te ture kia whai mana ai ratou ki te whakariterite i o ratou paanga ki Horowhenua No. 11 Poraka.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, ki te whakaaro o te Komiti me tuku atu tenei take ki te Kawanatanga kia uiuia, a ina mutu taua uiuinga ki te kitea kua he te whakatau i nga tangata mo ratou taua whenua, hei reira me whakauru he Pire e te Kawanatanga a tera tuunga o te Paremete hei whakaora i taua mate; otira ki te kitea kaore i he taua whakatau hei reira me whakahaere etahi tikanga hei tino whakakore i tenei keehi.

7 o Noema, 1901.