Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1900.

[No. 297, 1898.—Petition of Whairiri Renata.]

No. 297, 1898.—Petition of Whairiri Renata.

Petitioner alleges that under the will of Renata Kawepo he was to have received £100 per annum out of the estate of the deceased, but that, owing to the action of the Native Land Court he has been deprived of the same; he prays for consideration and relief.

page 9

I am directed to report that the Committee, having fully inquired into this petition, is of opinion that any claims the petitioner may have should be against the trustees of the estate of the late Renata Kawepo; therefore it has no recommendation to make.

8th August, 1900.

[Translation.]
No. 297, 1898.—Pitihana a Whairiri Renata.

E ki ana te kai-pitihana i raro i te wira o Renata Kawepo i kiia me whakawhiwhi ia ki te £100 i te tau, ko aua moni me puta atu ki a ia i roto i nga moni me nga taonga o te tupapaku, otira i runga i te mahi a te Kooti Whenua Maori kua tangohia atu taua moni i a ia, a e inoi ana ia kia whakaarohia a kia whakaorangia tona mate.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, i te mea kua tino whiriwhiria tenei pitihana, ki te whakaaro o te Komiti, mehemea he kereeme ta te kai-pitihana mo taua moni, me ahu atu tana tono ki nga kai-tiaki o te wira o Renata Kawepo; na reira kaore kau he kupu ke atu ma te Komiti.

8 o Akuhata. 1900.