Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1899.

[No. 301, 1898.—Petition of Wi Mahuri Mataitaua.]

No. 301, 1898.—Petition of Wi Mahuri Mataitaua.

Petitioner complains that his petition re succession to his younger brother's interest in the Manawatu-Wairarapa-Mangatainoka No. 3 Block was dealt with in his absence, and praying for reconsideration.

I am directed to report that the Committee, having again considered the petitioner's case, and finding that he has not availed himself of his right, under the provisions of section 39 of "The Native Land Court Act, 1894," to bring the matter before the Native Land Court, has no recommendation to make.

7th September, 1899.

[Translation.]
No. 301, 1898.—Pitihana a Wi Mahuri Mataitaua.

E ki ana te kai-pitihana ko tana pitihana i tuku ai mo te riiwhitanga o nga hea o tona teina i Manawatu-Wairarapa-Mangatainoka No. 3 Poraka i whakahaerea e te Komiti i te wa e ngaro ana ia, a e inoi ana ia kia whiriwhiria ano taua pitihana.

Kua whakahua kia ki penei, i te mea tenei kua whiriwhiria tuaruatia e te Komiti te keehi a te kai-pitihana, a i te mea kua kitea kaore ano kia whakahaerea e ia ona tika i raro i tekiona 39 o "Te Ture Kooti Whenua Maori, 1894," e takoto ai taua putake ana ki te aroaro o te Kooti Whenua Maori, na reira kaore kau a te Komiti kupu.

7 o Hepetema, 1899.