Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1899.

[No. 101.—Petition of Hoani Tainui and 2 Others.]

No. 101.—Petition of Hoani Tainui and 2 Others.

Petitioners pray that section 12 of "The Westland and Nelson Native Reserves Act, 1887," may be amended so that an order can be issued directing the Public Trustee to pay over to the descendants of Wereta Tainui all moneys in connection with the sale of Block 7, Native Reserve, at Greymouth (Te Nikau).

I am directed to report that, as the question of appointment of successors to Wereta Tainui is still pending before the Native Land Court, the Committee has no recommendation to make with regard to this petition.

17th August, 1899.

[Translation.]
No. 101.—Pitihana a Hoani Tainui me etahi atu toko rua.

E inoi ana nga kai-pitihana kia whakatikatikaina a tekiona 22 o "Te Ture Rahui Maori o te Tai Hauaura me Whakatu, 1887," kia ahei ai te whakaputa he ota hei whakahau i te Kai-tiaki mo page 6te Katoa kia utua e ia ki nga uri o Wereta Tainui nga moni katoa i puta i runga i te hokonga o Poraka 7, Rahui Maori, Greymouth (Te Nikau).

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, i te mea kei te tarewa tonu i te aroaro o te Kooti Whenua Maori te tono kia whakaturia nga kai-riiwhi mo Wereta Tainui, na reira kaore kau a te Komiti kupu mo runga i tenei pitihana.

17 o Akuhata, 1899.