Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1898.

[No. 113.—Petition of Ngatete Karaka te Aho and 2 Others (No. 2).]

No. 113.—Petition of Ngatete Karaka te Aho and 2 Others (No. 2).

Petitioners pray for rehearing in connection with Opuatia II.A., Nos. 15, 16, 17, and 18 (Tauranganui).

I am directed to report that the allegations contained in Judge Wilson's report on this petition reflecting on Mr. Henare Kaihau, member of the House and also member of this Committee, are of such a serious nature that the Committee recommends that the Government should make inquiry into the matter. It is also recommended that this petition be referred to the Government for favourable consideration.

3rd November, 1898.

[Translation.]
No. 113.—Pitihana a Ngatete Karaka te Aho me etahi atu tokotoru (No. 2).

E inoi ana nga kai-pitihana kia whakawakia tuaruatia a Opuatia II.A., Nama 15, 16, 17, me 18 (Tauranganui).

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, he taumaha rawa nga kupu a Tiati Wirihana, i tuhi ai ki roto i tana ripoata mo tenei pitihana, a ko aua kupu e pa ana ki a Henare Kaihau, mema o te Whare o Raro o te Paremete, a he mema hoki ia no tenei Komiti, na reira ki te whakaaro o te Komiti me uiui tenei putake e te Kawanatanga. Ko tetahi, ki te whakaaro o te Komiti me tuku atu tenei pitihana ki te Kawanatanga kia whiriwhiria paitia.

3 o Noema, 1898.