Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1898.

[No. 214.—Petition of John Franklin Hooker, of New Plymouth.]

No. 214.—Petition of John Franklin Hooker, of New Plymouth.

Petitioner prays that he may be compensated for losses incurred in connection with transactions in Native lands (Reserve K, Hua and Waiwakaiho Blocks, Taranaki District), such losses having occurred through defects in the law; also, that legislation be passed to validate his titles to the same.

I am directed to report that the Committee is of opinion that further legislation should be passed this session to give the petitioner the relief prayed for.

20th September, 1898.

[Translation.]
No. 214.—Pitihana a John Franklin Hooker, o Niu Paremata.

E inoi ana te kai-pitihana kia utua ia mo tona ruihitanga i runga i nga whakahaerenga o etahi whenua Maori (ara, ko nga Rahui K, Hua me Waiwakaiho Poraka, Takiwa o Taranaki), i te mea ko aua ruihitanga ona i pa ki a ia i runga i nga hapanga o te ture; ko tetahi, e inoi ana ia kia paahitia he ture hei whakamana i ona taitara ki taua whenua.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, ki te whakaaro o te Komiti me paahi ano he ture i tenei huihuinga o te Paremete, hei whakaora i te mate o te kai-pitihana e inoitia nei.

20 o Hepetema, 1898.