Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1896.

[No. 275.—Petition of Ellen Horne and Another.]

No. 275.—Petition of Ellen Horne and Another.

Petitioners state that they are the widows of Robert Horne and Thomas Craig, who paid considerable sums for interests in the Rotokakahi and Te Awaroa No. 1 and 2 Blocks, that the said land has since been purchased by Government, and therefore they, the petitioners, cannot complete the purchase. They pray for compensation.

I am directed to report that the Committee recommend that this petition be referred to the Government for consideration.

9th October, 1896.

[Translation. ]
No. 275.—Pitihana a Ellen Horne me tetahi atu.

E ki ana nga kai-pitihana ko raua nga pouaru a Robert Horne me Thomas Craig, a he nui nga moni a aua tangata i whakapau ai mo etahi whai-paanga, ki Rotokakahi me Te Awaroa No. 1 me page 252 Poraka, a ko aua whenua kua hokona e te Kawanatanga, a na reira raua, nga kai-pitihana, i kore ai o kaha ki te whakaoti i ta raua hoko, E inoi ana raua kia utua to raua mate.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, ki te whakaaro o te Komiti me tuku atu tenei pitihana ki te Kawanatanga kia whiriwhiria.

9 o Oketopa, 1896.