Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1896.

[No. 469.—Petition of T. H. Smith.]

page 21

No. 469.—Petition of T. H. Smith.

Petitioner alleges that, owing to interference on part of Government Land Purchase Department, he has been unable to complete certain transactions in connection with lands at Maketu. He prays that the recommendation of a Royal Commission, which reported on the question in 1881, may be fully carried into effect, or that other relief may be granted.

I am directed to report that the Committee are of opinion that the Government should appoint some competent person to inquire into the matter, with a view to bringing about an amicable settlement.

1st October, 1896.

[Translation. ]
No. 469.—Pitihana a T. H. Smith.

E ki ana te kai-pitihana, na runga i nga mahi pokanoa a te Tari Hoko Whenua a te Kawanatanga, i kore ai e taea e ia te whakaoti etahi mahi hoko whenua ana i Maketu. E inoi ana ia kia tino whakamanaia te ripoata a te Roiara Komihana i whakaputa ai i te tau 1881, a ki te kore tera kaati me hoatu tetahi atu ora mona.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, ki te whakaaro a te Komiti me whakatu e te Kawanatanga tetahi tangata matau hei uiui i tenei putake, a me whakahaere i runga i te huarahi e oti pai ai taua mea.

1 o Oketopa, 1896.