Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1896.

[No. 462, 1895.—Petition of Henare Tikitini and 11 Others.]

No. 462, 1895.—Petition of Henare Tikitini and 11 Others.

Petitioners pray for a rehearing in connection with the Pokuru Block, part of the Rohepotae.

I am directed to report that, as the decision of the Native Land Court affects the kaingas and burial-grounds of the dead relatives of the petitioners, the Committee recommends that this petition should be referred to the Government for favourable consideration; and, if after inquiry it is found that the petitioners have good grounds for their complaint, it is recommended that legislation be introduced to give them relief.

9th July, 1896.

[Translation. ]
No. 462, 1895.—Pitihana a Henare Tikitini me etahi atu tekau ma tahi.

E inoi ana nga kai-pitihana kia whakawakia tuaruatia ano a Pokuru Poraka, he wahi tenei no te Rohepotae.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, i te mea e pa ana te whakatau a te Kooti Whenua Maori ki nga kainga me nga wahi tanumanga o nga whanaunga o nga kai-pitihana, ki te whakaaro a tenei Komiti me tuku atu tenei pitihana ki te Kawanatanga kia whiriwhiria paitia e ratou; a, ina uiuia ki te kitea he tika nga take i tonoa ai e nga kai-pitihana kia tirohia to ratou mate, heoi me mahi e te Paremete he ture hei hoatu ora ki a ratou.

9 o Hurae, 1896.