Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1896.

[No. 448, 1895.—Petition of Horomona Rongoparae.]

No. 448, 1895.—Petition of Horomona Rongoparae.

Petitioner alleges that a piece of land called Aorangi, belonging to him, was wrongfully included in the sale to the Crown of the Umuopua Block, Hawke's Bay District; he prays for compensation.

I am directed to report that the Committee recommend that the Government should appoint two competent persons to visit the block in company with the Natives interested, for the purpose of determining whether the boundaries as agreed upon, when the original sale to the Crown took place; have been adhered to; and, if it is found that a mistake has been made, it is recommended that the petitioner be given some compensation.

29th July, 1896.

[Translation. ]
No. 448, 1895.—Pitihana a Horomona Rongoparae.

E ki ana te kai-pitihana ko tona piihi whenua, tona ingoa ko Aorangi, kua riro he ki roto i te hoko a te Karauna i Umuopua Poraka, Takiwa o Haaki Pei. E inoi ana ia kia utua tona mate.

page 7

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, ki te whakaaro a te Komiti me whakatu a te Kawanatanga kia tokorua nga tangata mohio, a me haere raua me nga Maori e whai-tikanga ana ki te titiro i taua poraka, kia mohiotia ai kei te haere tonu ranei nga rohe o te poraka i runga i nga rohe i whakaaetia i te wa i hokona ai ta poraka ki te Karauna kaore ranei; a ki te kitea kua he nga rohe, heoi me puta he utu ki te kai-pitihana.

29 o Hurae, 1896.