Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1895

[No. 449.—Petition of Remana Nutana.]

page 23

No. 449.—Petition of Remana Nutana.

Petitioner, who petitions on behalf of Pouwharetoi and his brothers, the descendants of Toi, prays that they may be put in possession of lands set aside for them by Sir Donald McLean in 1873, or that other relief may be granted.

I have the honour to report that, as it appears two of the descendants of Toi—viz., Ngawhare Toi and Ngahina Toi—are without land, the Committee recommends that this petition be referred to the Government for inquiry.

17th October, 1895.

[Translation.]
No. 449.—Pitihana a Remana Nutana.

Ko te kai-pitihana, e pitihana ana mo te taha ki Pouwharetoi me ona teina, ara nga uri o Toi, a e inoi ana kia whakawhiwhia ratou ki nga whenua i ata wehea e Ta Tanara Makarini, i te tau 1873, a ki te kore tera a taea kaati me hoatu tetahi atu ora mo ratou.

E whai honore ana ahau ki te ripoata, i te mea e kitea ana toko rua nga uri o Toi, ara, ko Ngawhare Toi me Ngahina Toi, he tangata kore whenua, ki te whakaaro a te Komite me tuku atu tenei pitihana ki te Kawanatanga kia uiuia.

17 o Oketopa, 1895.