Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1895

[No. 226.—Petition of Pirinihi Te Rito and 5 Others.]

No. 226.—Petition of Pirinihi Te Rito and 5 Others.

Petitioners allege that they forwarded an application for a rehearing in the Paraumu Block in proper form, but the same does not appear to have been received by the Native Land Court: they pray that the Court may now be empowered to grant a rehearing.

I have the honour to report that, as the Chief Judge states that he sees no reason to doubt the accuracy of the statements in the petition, your Committee think that relief should be granted to the petitioners, and provision made in the present amending Native Land Bill for this and similar cases.

8th October, 1895.

[Translation.]
No. 226.—Pitihana a Pirinihi Te Rito me etahi atu toko rima.

E Ki ana nga kai-pitihana kua tukuna e ratou he tono whakawa tuarua mo Paraumu Poraka, ko taua tono i tukuna atu i runga i nga huarahi tika, otira mehemea nei kaore i tae atu ki te Kooti Whenua Maori, a e inoi ana ratou kia whakamana te Kooti ki te whakaae i taua tono whakawa tuarua.

E whai honore ana ahau ki te ripoata, i te mea e ki ana te Tumuaki Kai-whakawa kaore ia i te kite take e he ai te korero a nga kai-pitihana, na reira ki te whakaaro a te Komiti me hoatu he ora mo nga kai-pitihana, a me whakauru he tikanga ki roto ki te Pire Whakatikatika i nga Ture Whenua Maori e mahia nei inaianei hei whakamana i tenei me nga putake penei te ahua.

8 o Oketopa, 1895.